Sunday, February 4, 2007

I'm Pine. Thank You.






My freaking freezing Baguio weekend's over. So little time for a not-so-little refuge.

I was hoping that time would just stand still so that I can be in Baguio forever. You can't blame me for this feeling. I love Baguio and everything about it. The temperature was 10 degrees and I totally enjoyed the cold weather. The best part of the experience is getting to spend time with my family.

It was amazing seeing the strawberry fields and munching on the locals' authentic strawberry dirty ice cream. The Beatles' song about it (is the title of the song Strawberry Fields Forever?)kept playing in my head. It's sad though that I wasn't able to taste the strawberry-flavored taho. I got myself a dark green ethnic bag which I consider an indigenous art - a simple way of supporting our kababayans' industry and heritage. As a matter of fact, I brought it to school today. Proud to be Pinoy!

Most importantly, I am glad for having had the time to do some soulsearching and reflection. Believe me, Baguio's one of the places to free your spirit and to engage yourself in self-introspection. Baguio for me is poetically an asylum for people seeking for inner freedom. The night's freezingly cold weather and the view of the pine trees and the mountains enhances the unflappable and calm mood.

I cannot wait to go back to Baguio. Summer break is still seven weeks from now.

It's Monday once more. More work. More worries to come. But my Baguio experience, though only barely two days, is enough to have energized and invigorated my soul for more challenges ahead.

Have a great week everyone!

No comments: